Other Great Comics!
Have you enjoyed reading Vanguard? Of course you have! Here are some other great comics!
- The Becoming: A steampunky comic, just starting out, and full of great questions and intricacy (Once A Week, I think…)
- Dr McNinja *: The brave exploits of Dr. McNinja. Where else can you find such amazing superhero adventures? A must for any comic reader. (M,W,F)
- Finder’s Keepers**: Cailyn gets sucked into a world where all the legends of humanity are true, a world that exists in parallel with our own. (Irregular, but well worth the read!)
- Girl Genius *: The adventures of Agatha Heterodyne (Girl Genius!) in clank-ridden Europe. Don’t miss the “radio-shows”! (M,W,F)
- Jump Leads: Llewellyn and Meaney, two jump leads who should be fixing glitches in the multiverse are simply trying to make their way back home. Beautiful art and a great read! (T,F)
- Kukuburi: Nadia’s world flops on its ear when she stumbles into the In-Between. Amazingly beautiful art and a gripping storyline. (T,Th)
- Looking For Group *: For those of you who enjoy the world of Warcraft or any fantasy-based story, this is a great one. (M,Th)
- Marooned: A great space opera, “in the wrong key”, and quite, quite fun to read. (M,Th)
- The Meek **: Some of the most beautiful art and compelling storyline I’ve seen on the web, ever. Be warned, there is nakedness in the first chapter.(Once a Week(ish))
- Punch an’ Pie *: A continuation of some characters from Queen of Wands, we follow the story of Angela as she goes through her capricious daily grind. (M,W,F)
- Questionable Content*: The life of Marten, an average frustrated 20-something music nerd, his Anthro-PC Pintsize and Faye his flat-mate. (Coffee of Doom rules!) (M,T,W,Th,F)
- Schlock Mercenary: Howard Tayler’s rollicking space opera of immense proportions. A great read that updates seven days a week, and definitely worth reading!
- Starfire Agency*: An anthro-comic (think Thundercats) which plays out like an awesome mix of Buffy and the X-Files. Definitely a fun read – somewhat erratic updates, but a good read, all the same!
- Wondermark: David Malki’s comic wit and victorian stylings make for great satire and great laughs in his twice-weekly strip. (T,F)
- Invincible: It’s not a web-comic, but a standard issue comic book. It’s an awesome story and the art is incredible. Ryan Ottley is the current illustrator and has illustrated it for much of the series existence. In fact, you should visit Ryan Ottley’s webpage, too.
Those with an asterisk are ones that would get a PG-rating or above from us, and we feel you should know where you’re clicking.
Science! Adventure! Explosions in Space! Collisions of Galaxies!
Yes! You too can participate in the wonders of science like the polymaths of old – and all from the safety of your own home! How, you ask? By visiting the Zooniverse, you’ll hob-knob with scientists around the world, discovering stellar phenomena, forecasting solar storms, finding supernovae and predicting the mergers of galaxies megaparsecs distant from us. Easy, fun, and enjoyable. Take a look!