Dramatis Personae as featured in the comic so far. More detailed biographies appear as a drop-down from the Cast menu button.
- Captain Ellen Spitzer: Commanding Officer of the Vanguard. Captain Spitzer hails from Les Plaines in the North American League.
- Pilot First-Class Marie Bouc: Chief pilot of the Vanguard. A French woman from Lyon. Known for her sarcastic wit and her incredible piloting skills. -MORE-
- Chief Medical Officer Hans-Philip Rasmussen: A very animated doctor who marvels at every newly discovered race, animal, plant or even prion. He often becomes so entrenched in medical diatribe that the other characters have to call him back.
- Chief Scientist Aquico Yamamoto: Stoic buddhist from the Japanese colony of Edo. Aquico has finally begun coming out of her shell aboard the Vanguard and is known for cheering on the Watchmen.
- Chief Engineer James “Jimmy” Dohan: An Irishman known for his exaggeration of repairs in non-critical situations and his miraculous completion of repairs in just enough time to save the ship and crew. Jimmy’s often referred to as a Magician.
- Chief Watchman Birgit Vasasdotter: a Scandinavian who oversees all security efforts aboard the Vanguard. Birgit and Aquico often have a Mutt and Jeff relationship.
- Mistelsbog: an Appraiser from the Yrgoans. He joins the crew to assess their performance just prior to the first episode, and gradual works his way into the crew.
- Morale Officer Zowan Kryszkot: Serving as Morale and Political Officer (of sorts), Zowan is a witty comic, and doubles as ship’s cook, cracking jokes and often falling into various events of physical comedy. He patiently suffers through the “Vened jokes” the crew throw at him now and again.
Antagonists as featured in the comic so far.
- Zeniaks: A combination biological and nano-mechanical beings, the Zeniak are incapable of sexual reproduction. Maintaining a growing empire of 30 star systems, they are feared throughout the galaxy, as they often travel in “Press Gangs”, injecting their nano-mechanics, which gradually take over the mind of the person, bringing them into the “Fold”.